A legislator, legislative officer, or legislative employee may request an advisory opinion relating to the application of any law, guideline, rule, or regulation within the Committee's jurisdiction regarding a specific factual situation that is pertinent to the conduct or proposed conduct of the individual seeking the advisory opinion. The request must be submitted in writing and should be sent to:

Legislative Ethics Committee
State House Room 112
107 North Main Street
Concord, N.H. 03301

The Committee will take up the request in public session, receive testimony and other information as may be helpful, deliberate as necessary, and render a written response.