JOINT LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE ON ADMINISTRATIVE RULES
AUGUST 4, 2011
Members Present: Representatives Patten, Pilotte, Schmidt, Manuse, Taylor*, Kidder*, and Winter*, and Senators Merrill, Groen, Kelly, and Carson*. (*) Indicates alternate members.
(**) Part 1, Article 28-a of the N.H. Constitution was not an issue in the Committee’s discussions or decisions in this meeting.
1. The meeting was convened at 9:00 a.m. by Rep. Patten as Chair.
present at this time, aside from Rep. Patten, were Reps. Pilotte, Schmidt,
Rep. Patten designated Rep. Winter and Rep. Taylor as alternates, respectively, for Rep. McGuire and Sen. Merrill, who were absent.
Rep. Kidder arrived at this time, and Rep. Patten designated Rep. Kidder as an alternate for Rep. Manuse, who was absent.
2. The Committee discussed the minutes of the Committee meeting on July 21, 2011.
Rep. Pilotte moved that the minutes be approved.
Rep. Taylor seconded.
Sen. Carson arrived during the discussion of this item but did not vote. After the motion to approve the minutes was adopted, Rep. Patten designated Sen. Carson as an alternate for Sen. White, who was absent.
3. The Committee discussed postponing items to another meeting.
No action to postpone was taken.
4. The Committee discussed the response of the Department of Health and Human Services to the Committee’s preliminary objection to Final Proposal 2011-56 (Division of Elderly and Adult Services, Choices for Independence Program). Michael Holt testified for the Department.
Sen. Merrill arrived as the discussion on this item began. Rep. Patten designated Rep. Taylor as an alternate for Sen. Lambert, who was absent.
Rep. Manuse arrived during the discussion of this item. Rep. Kidder was therefore not a voting member at this time.
Jeff Dickinson, representing Granite State Independent Living, testified.
Sen. Kelly moved that the Committee accept the response and approve the rules.
Sen. Carson seconded.
5. The Committee discussed an emergency rule filed by the Department of Environmental Services (Water Quality and Quantity Programs, Gender of Camp Counselors; Sleeping Areas), which was effective on July 29, 2011.
No further action was taken, but Committee staff was directed to check with the Department about its plans to re-adopt the rule through regular rulemaking.
6. The Committee discussed the Committee’s schedule for meetings in August and September and Committee review of the amended Drafting and Procedure Manual for Administrative Rules.
A date of September 8, 2011 was discussed for Committee consideration as a Committee work session date before a hearing would be held on the amended Manual.
7. Sen. Groen moved that the Committee adjourn.
Sen. Carson seconded.
The Committee adjourned at 9:28 a.m.