CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PROPRIETORS OF COMMON LANDS
NEW HAMPSHIRE BUSINESS CORPORATION ACT
293-A:15.10 Service on Foreign Corporation.
(a) The registered agent of a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state is the corporation's agent for service of process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the foreign corporation.
(b) A foreign corporation may be served by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, addressed to the secretary of the foreign corporation at its principal office shown in its application for a certificate of authority or in its most recent annual report if the foreign corporation:
(1) has no registered agent or its registered agent cannot with reasonable diligence be served;
(2) has withdrawn from transacting business in this state under RSA 293-A:15.20; or
(3) has had its certificate of authority revoked under RSA 293-A:15.31.
(c) Service is perfected under RSA 293-A:15.10(b) at the earliest of:
(1) the date the foreign corporation receives the mail;
(2) the date shown on the return receipt, if signed on behalf of the foreign corporation; or
(3) five days after its deposit in the United States mail, as evidenced by the postmark, if mailed postpaid and correctly addressed.
(d) This section does not prescribe the only means, or necessarily the required means, of serving a foreign corporation.
Source. 2013, 142:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2014.