CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PROPRIETORS OF COMMON LANDS
NEW HAMPSHIRE BUSINESS CORPORATION ACT
293-A:14.07 Other Claims Against Dissolved Corporation.
(a) A dissolved corporation may also publish notice of its dissolution and request that persons with claims against the dissolved corporation present them in accordance with the notice.
(b) The notice must:
(1) be published one time in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the dissolved corporation's principal office (or, if none in this state, its registered office) is or was last located;
(2) describe the information that must be included in a claim and provide a mailing address where the claim may be sent; and
(3) state that a claim against the dissolved corporation will be barred unless a proceeding to enforce the claim is commenced within 3 years after the publication of the notice.
(c) If the dissolved corporation publishes a newspaper notice in accordance with RSA 293-A:14.07(b), the claim of each of the following claimants is barred unless the claimant commences a proceeding to enforce the claim against the dissolved corporation within 3 years after the publication date of the newspaper notice:
(1) a claimant who was not given written notice under RSA 293-A:14.06;
(2) a claimant whose claim was timely sent to the dissolved corporation but not acted on;
(3) a claimant whose claim is contingent or based on an event occurring after the effective date of dissolution.
(d) A claim that is not barred by RSA 293-A:14.06(b) or RSA 293-A:14.07(c) may be enforced:
(1) against the dissolved corporation, to the extent of its undistributed assets; or
(2) except as provided in RSA 293-A:14.08(d), if the assets have been distributed in liquidation, against a shareholder of the dissolved corporation to the extent of the shareholder's pro rata share of the claim or the corporate assets distributed to the shareholder in liquidation, whichever is less, but a shareholder's total liability for all claims under this section may not exceed the total amount of assets distributed to the shareholder.
Source. 2013, 142:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2014.