CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PROPRIETORS OF COMMON LANDS
NEW HAMPSHIRE BUSINESS CORPORATION ACT
293-A:13.25 After-Acquired Shares.
(a) A corporation may elect to withhold payment required by RSA 293-A:13.24 from any shareholder who was required to, but did not certify that beneficial ownership of all of the shareholder's shares for which appraisal rights are asserted was acquired before the date set forth in the appraisal notice sent pursuant to RSA 293-A:13.22(b)(1).
(b) If the corporation elected to withhold payment under RSA 293-A:13.25(a), it must, within 30 days after the form required by RSA 293-A:13.22(b)(2)(ii) is due, notify all shareholders who are described in RSA 293-A:13.25(a):
(1) of the information required by RSA 293-A:13.24(b)(1);
(2) of the corporation's estimate of fair value pursuant to RSA 293-A:13.24(b)(2);
(3) that they may accept the corporation's estimate of fair value, plus interest, in full satisfaction of their demands or demand appraisal under RSA 293-A:13.26;
(4) that those shareholders who wish to accept such offer must so notify the corporation of their acceptance of the corporation's offer within 30 days after receiving the offer; and
(5) that those shareholders who do not satisfy the requirements for demanding appraisal under RSA 293-A:13.26 shall be deemed to have accepted the corporation's offer.
(c) Within 10 days after receiving the shareholder's acceptance pursuant to RSA 293-A:13.25(b), the corporation must pay in cash the amount it offered under RSA 293-A:13.25(b)(2) to each shareholder who agreed to accept the corporation's offer in full satisfaction of the shareholder's demand.
(d) Within 40 days after sending the notice described in RSA 293-A:13.25(b), the corporation must pay in cash the amount it offered to pay under RSA 293-A:13.25(b)(2) to each shareholder described in RSA 293-A:13.25(b)(5).
Source. 2013, 142:1, eff. Jan. 1, 2014.