DISCRETIONARY PRESERVATION EASEMENTS
79-D:7 Assessment of Property Subject to Discretionary Preservation Easement.
I. The method of assessment of discretionary preservation easement structures shall be included as a term of the agreement in any discretionary preservation easement acquired by a municipality. Assessment shall fall within a range, one end of which shall be 75 percent of the full value assessment; the other end of the range shall be 25 percent of said full value assessment.
II. The local governing body shall have the discretion to set the value of the discretionary preservation easement at a level within this range which it believes reflects the public benefit conferred by the property under the criteria set forth in RSA 79-D:3, II. The assessment shall not be increased because the owner undertakes maintenance and repairs designed to preserve the structure.
Source. 2002, 86:1, eff. July 2, 2002.