PROBATE COURTS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES
NEW HAMPSHIRE FOUNDATION ACT
564-F:21-2114 Voluntary Cancellations of Registration.
(a) A registered foreign foundation may cancel its registration by filing with the secretary of state a certificate of cancellation.
(b) The certificate of cancellation shall set forth:
(1) The foreign foundation's name;
(2) The name of the jurisdiction in which the foundation is organized;
(3) A statement that the foreign foundation is not engaging in any registrable activity in this state;
(4) A statement that the foreign foundation revokes the authority of its registered agent to accept service on the foreign foundation's behalf;
(5) A statement that the foreign foundation discontinues its registered office;
(6) A statement that the foreign foundation appoints the secretary of state as its agent for service of process in any proceeding based on a cause of action arising while the foreign foundation was registered in this state;
(7) A mailing address to which the secretary of state may mail a copy of any process served on the secretary of state under subsection (b)(6); and
(8) A statement by which the foreign foundation commits to notify the secretary of state in the future of any change in its mailing address.
(c) The cancellation of the foreign foundation's registration is effective upon filing the certificate of cancellation.
(d) After the cancellation of the foreign foundation's registration is effective, service of process on the secretary of state under this section is service on the foreign corporation.
(e) Upon receipt of service on a foreign foundation under this section, the secretary of state shall mail a copy of the service of process to the foreign corporation at the mailing address set forth under subsection (b)(7) or updated in accordance with subsection (b)(8).
Source. 2017, 257:47, eff. Oct. 1, 2017.