PROBATE COURTS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES
NEW HAMPSHIRE FOUNDATION ACT
564-F:21-2113 Service on a Foundation.
(a) A foreign foundation's registered agent is the foundation's agent for service of process, notice, or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the foreign foundation.
(b) A foreign foundation may be served by registered mail or certified mail, return receipt requested, addressed to the foreign foundation at its principal office if:
(1) The foreign foundation does not have a registered agent; or
(2) With reasonable due diligence, the foreign foundation's registered agent cannot be served.
(c) Service is perfected under subsection (b) at the earliest of:
(1) The date the foreign foundation receives the documents sent by registered mail or certified mail;
(2) The date shown on the return receipt if the return receipt is signed on the foreign foundation's behalf; or
(3) Five days after the documents are deposited in the United States Postal Service for mailing by registered mail or certified mail, as evidenced by the postmark.
(d) This section does not preclude other means of serving a foreign foundation.
Source. 2017, 257:47, eff. Oct. 1, 2017.