PROBATE COURTS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES
NEW HAMPSHIRE FOUNDATION ACT
564-F:12-1205 Appointment and Term.
(a) The initial protectors may be appointed by:
(1) The organizers; or
(2) The founder.
(b) After the appointment of the initial protectors, any additional or successor protector shall be appointed:
(1) In accordance with the provisions of the governing documents governing the appointment of protectors; or
(2) If the governing documents do not contain any provision for the appointment of protectors, by:
(A) The protectors; or
(B) The court.
(c) Unless the certificate of formation or bylaws provide otherwise, the duration of a protector's term shall be indefinite and shall terminate only upon:
(1) The protector's resignation or removal;
(2) In the case of protector who is an individual, the protector's incapacity or death; or
(3) In the case of a protector that is an entity, the protector's dissolution.
Source. 2017, 257:47, eff. Oct. 1, 2017. 2018, 210:7, eff. June 8, 2018.