PROBATE COURTS AND DECEDENTS' ESTATES
UNIFORM INTERNATIONAL WILLS ACT
551-A:5 International Will; Certificate.
The authorized person shall attach to the will a certificate to be signed by such authorized person establishing that the requirements of this chapter for valid execution of an international will have been complied with. The authorized person shall keep a copy of the certificate and deliver another to the testator. The certificate shall be substantially in the following form:
I, __________ (name, address, and capacity), a person authorized to act in connection with international wills
Certify that on __________ (date) at __________
(testator) __________ (name, address, date and place of birth) in my presence and that of the witnesses
(a) __________ (name, address, date and place of birth)
(b) __________ (name, address, date and place of birth) has declared that the attached document is his or her will and that he or she knows the contents thereof.
I furthermore certify that:
(a) in my presence and in that of the witnesses;
(1) the testator has signed the will or has acknowledged his or her signature previously affixed.
* (2) following a declaration of the testator stating that he or she was unable to sign his or her will for the following reason __________, I have mentioned this declaration on the will
* and the signature has been affixed by __________ (name and address)
(b) the witnesses and I have signed the will;
* (c) each page of the will has been signed by __________ and numbered;
(d) I have satisfied myself as to the identity of the testator and of the witnesses as designated above;
(e) the witnesses met the conditions requisite to act as such according to the law under which I am acting;
* (f) the testator has requested me to include the following statement concerning the safekeeping of his or her will:
PLACE OF EXECUTION
SIGNATURE and, if necessary, SEAL
* To be completed if appropriate
Source. 1998, 120:1, eff. Jan. 1, 1999.