THE STATE AND ITS GOVERNMENT
21:50 Veteran; Armed Forces; Active Duty; Service-Connected Injury, Illness, or Disability.
I. (a) "Veteran" means any person who:
(1) Served in the United States armed forces for more than 4 years and continues to serve; or
(2) Has been discharged or released from duty in the United States armed forces with:
(A) An honorable discharge; or
(B) An uncharacterized discharge based on a service-connected injury, illness, or disability.
(b) The following documents may be used to establish an individual's status as a veteran:
(1) DD Form 214 from any branch of the armed forces.
(2) DD Form 215 from any branch of the armed forces.
(3) DD Form 217 from any branch of the armed forces.
(4) DD Form 2 (Retired).
(5) WD AGO Form 53-55 from the United States Army.
(6) WD AGO Form 53-98 from the United States Army.
(7) WD AGO Form 755 from the United States Army.
(8) NAVPERS Form 553 from the United States Navy.
(9) NAVPERS Form 554 from the United States Navy.
(10) NAVPERS Form 660 from the United States Navy.
(11) NAVPERS Form 661 from the United States Navy.
(12) NAVMC Form 70-PD from the United States Marine Corps.
(13) NAVMC Form 78-PD from the United States Marine Corps.
(14) NAVCG Form 2510 from the United States Coast Guard.
(15) NGB Form 22 from the National Guard.
(16) GSA Form 6954 from the National Archives.
(17) NA Form 13038 from the National Archives.
(18) NA Form 13041 from the National Archives.
(19) Verification of Service letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
(20) Summary of Military Service Record from the New Hampshire Korean War Bonus application.
(21) Notarized statement of service letter signed by the individual's commanding officer or administrative officer.
(22) Completed DD FORM 4/2, October 2007 from the National Guard.
(23) Completed DD FORM 1300, February 2011.
(24) Other documents approved by the director, division of veterans services.
II. "Armed forces" means the United States Army, Army Reserve, Navy, Naval Reserve, Marine Corps, Marine Corps Reserve, Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Coast Guard, Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, and the Air National Guard. "Armed forces" also includes other components, but is limited to those components and active duty periods described in 38 C.F.R. 3.7.
III. "Active duty" means full-time duty as an enlisted member, or as a commissioned or warrant officer, in any branch of the armed forces.
IV. "Service-connected injury or illness or disability" means an injury, illness or disability incurred or aggravated while in the line of duty in the armed forces of the United States.
Source. 2004, 89:1. 2010, 119:7, eff. July 31, 2010. 2013, 254:1, eff. July 24, 2013. 2019, 273:7, eff. Sept. 17, 2019.